Concordia International Corp.
Canadian Securities Litigation Class Action Settlement
This claims administration website was updated on March 19, 2020 - COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear Class Member,
Based on recommendations by local, provincial and federal governments, we have decided it's best for staff to work from home for the foreseeing future. We continue to return emails and phone calls. Please be patient as we will respond as quickly as possible.
In additional, it was announced that the Superior Court of Ontario has suspended all Court proceedings as of March 17, 2020 until further notice.
We estimated that Distributions to Authorized Claimants would have started in April 2020. Unfortunately, that timeline is also suspended as a result of the Superior Court of Ontario suspending all Court proceedings until May 31, 2020.
The Concordia Securities class action litigation is under the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of Ontario. Based on my understanding of subsequent announcements and discussions with lawyers, the earliest the Court will review our Motion and Affidavit to approve the Distribution List of Authorized Claimants is June, 2020.
Pursuant to the Plan of Allocation, no Distribution shall be made by the Administrator until authorized by the Courts.
Please continue to monitor this website for updates and/or log into the online claims administration portal and read the pop-up message for updates and review the status of your individual Claim.
At this point and time, I wish all Class Members and their family good health and all the best during this uncertainty period.
Please take care of yourself and others,
Trilogy Class Action Services
How to verify the status of your Claim and payment details:
For real-time status of your Claim and pro-rata payment, please log into the online claims portal.
Click here to log in to the Claims Portal
Please note that the Claims Administrator has inputted all Claims into the online claims administration portal. This pertains to all Claim Forms regardless if you mailed, faxed, couriered, or emailed your Claim Form.
Once the Court has approved the pro rata distribution, we will immediately post your pro rata payment and subsequently the date your cheque was mailed in the online claims portal. If you have changed your mailing address since you submitted your Claim Form, please update the online claims portal immediately.
Going forward, the online claims administration portal will be the best way to obtain the most up-to-date information regarding:
- your pro-rata payment;
- the status of payment;
- when the cheque was mailed;
- and other important updates regarding the claims administration.
If you didn’t receive the initial online claims administration portal registration email, or you have updated your password or forgotten your password, please click the “Forgot Your Password” button located on the login page of the online claims administration portal. Once the webpage loads, carefully enter your email address in the space provided, and press Recover Account.
Please check all inbox/spam/junk folders in your email for the reset password email. If it is not there, please try again, ensuring that you’ve entered your email address correctly.
If you’ve forgotten your password, please follow the instructions below to reset:
- On the login page of www.concordiasettlement.com/portal, click on Orange button next to Forgot Your Password.
- Enter the email address associated with your portal.
- A reset password will be emailed to you. Please follow the steps located within the email.
- Please note: if you enter an email address that is not registered in the portal, the system will not prompt you that you’ve entered an invalid email address. You simply won’t receive a reset password email. Please ensure you check both your inbox and any spam/junk folders for the password reset.
- If you have any problems, please send an email to or call 1-877-400-1211.
For Class Members who filed past the Claims Bar Deadline
We are in the process of filing our Motion with the Court with the redacted lists of Class Members who filed past the Claims Bar Deadline of March 19, 2019 and are seeking approval of the Court for the Claims Administrator to accept and process their Claim Form past the past the Claims Bar Deadline of March 19, 2019.
As of February 11, 2020: (numbers subject to change and subject to Court approval)
Claim Forms Filed: 5,554 (not including the same Claim Forms filed multiple times (2-6) and/or multiple methods (mail, fax, email, portal)
Total Dollar Value of Claim Forms Filed: $207,788,857.16
Claim Forms Approved: 3,338
Total Dollar Value of Claim Forms Approved: $139,353,440.17
Claim Forms Amended Approved (net): 609 for $16,284,818.17
Claim Forms Rejected: 1,739 with a total dollar value of $64,676,159.49 (please note that some rejected claims have $0 amounts)
Claim Forms currently in Deficiency: 4 for a total dollar value of $21,187.50 (subject to approval or rejection)
Claim Forms Filed Late: 342 (subject to Court Approval)
Pursuant to the Court approval Plan of Allocation:
“Authorized Claimant” means a Class Member who: (i) submitted a properly completed Claim Form and all required supporting documentation to the Administrator prior to the Claims Bar Deadline; and (ii) is eligible to receive a Distribution from the Compensation Fund;
“Distribution” means payment to Authorized Claimants in accordance with this Plan of Allocation, the Agreement and any order of the Courts;
“Distribution List” means a list containing the name and address of each Authorized Claimant, the calculation of his/her/its net loss and the calculation of the Authorized Claimant’s pro rata share of the Compensation Fund;
DISTRIBUTION TO AUTHORIZED CLAIMANTS
- As soon as practicable after the completion of the claims submission and election for review process, the Administrator will bring a motion to the Courts for authorization to make Distributions from the Compensation Fund. In support of this motion, the Administrator will file the Distribution List with the Courts in a manner that protects the privacy of persons on the Distribution List.
- No Distribution shall be made by the Administrator until authorized by the Courts.
- No Distribution shall be made by the Administrator in respect of any amount under $5, and the name(s) of the Authorized Claimant(s) with claims under this amount shall be excluded from the Distribution List in respect of such claims.
- The Administrator may make interim Distributions if authorized by the Courts.
- Each Authorized Claimant whose name appears on the Distribution List shall comply with any condition precedent to Distribution that the Courts may impose.
- The Administrator shall make Distributions from the Compensation Fund forthwith after receipt of authorization from the Courts to make Distributions to the Authorized Claimants whose names are on the Distribution List.
- Pursuant to the Plan of Allocation – paragraph 8: The Administrator shall, wherever practical, develop, implement and operate an administration system utilizing web-based technology and other electronic systems for the following:
Class notification, as required;
- claim filing and document collection;
- claim evaluation, analysis, and Reference procedures;
- distribution analysis and Distributions;
- Once the Administrator determines a Claimant’s Authorized Claimant status, the respective number of his, her or its Qualified Shares and his, her or its Pro Rata Distribution from the Compensation Fund, the Administrator shall advise the Claimant of the Administrator’s decision by posting it on the Claimant’s online claim file.
PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO . IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR CLAIM DETERMINATION NOTICE NOR THE CREDITIALS FOR THE ONLINE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATION PORTAL. WE WILL RESPOND WITHIN 48 HOURS.